Grand Junction, Colorado is home to wild weather, deep canyons, and wine country. <a href="http://www.visitgrandjunction.com/" target="">Grand Junction</a> is a major hub between Salt Lake City, Utah and Denver. The stunning region is ten hours from Phoenix, 14 hours from San Francisco, and four hours from Denver.
Must-Dos in Grand Junction:
- Visit the High Country Orchard.
- Eat and drink at the Edgewater Brewery.
- Sleep at El Rio Rancho Motel.
- Hike the pristine trails at Mount Garfield.
- Taste wine from the Two Rivers Winery
Seattle, Washington: Pike Place Market and Breweries
If you are looking for a road trip that ends in a major cultural center, then <a href="http://www.visitseattle.org/" target="">Seattle, Washington</a> is the place for you. With over twenty breweries in Seattle, this city is great for beer lovers. Seattle is home to the famous Pike Place Market, an enormous farmer's market with an active fish market. Seattle is twelve hours from San Francisco.
Must Dos in Seattle:
Visit Pike Place Market and chow down on fresh seafood
Visit the Space Needle
Sleep at Hotel Andra
Walk through the Seattle Art Museum
Taste Beer from Pyramid Alehouse
Mackinac Island, Michigan: Immerse in History
Michigan can get cold. Really cold. But a road trip to <a href="http://www.michigan.org/hot-spots/mackinac-island/" target="">Mackinac Island, Michigan</a> will change your perspective on the wintry Northern state. Set your GPS to this historical island filled with grand hikes, horse rides, and an education on small town culture.
Must Dos on Mackinac Island:
- Visit the historical Fort Mackinac.
- Sleep at the Lake View Hotel.
- Eat at Chuckwagon's.
- Rent bicycles and ride around the island.
- Visit the Mackinac Island Butterfly House.
Fort Bragg, California: An Ocean View and Adventure
Many of the great California coastal towns get lost to the buzz of Southern California's sunny beaches, but you don't have to this spring. <a href="http://www.fortbragg.com/" target="">Fort Bragg, California</a> is a quaint coastal town filled with outdoor adventures, secluded beaches, and a great downtown. You can hike the coastal trails, bike through the mountains, or kayak in the ocean.
Must Dos in Fort Bragg:
- Rent kayaks and visit the secluded Glass Beach.
- Ride the Skunk Train.
- Explore the Mendocino County Botanical Gardens.
- Sleep at the Beach House Inn.
- Eat at the North Coast Brewing Company.
- Bike through Jackson State Park
Brandywine Valley, Pennsylvania: River Rafting and Wine Tasting
Drive west of Philly and you will find the <a href="http://www.brandywinevalley.com/attractions/recreation" target="">Brandywine Valley</a>. This hidden gem boasts a number of attractions including wineries, river rafting and historic sites.
Must Dos in Brandywine:
- Sip wine at the Black Walnut Winery.
- Explore the Brandywine Battlfield Park.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride over the valley.
- Bancroft Manor Bed and Breakfast.
Road trips can be a great way to get away without spending a ton of money on transportation (airfare sucks!). You can stay in hotels, hostels, or camp it out to save money. Always research the best eatery or brewery to get a taste of the culture in the community. Enjoy your next vacation.