Yes people, you heard me. She built an entire fucking recipe around something everybody knows how to do. So I thought I'd rectify the food world with some really delicious renditions of avocado that do not involve spreading it onto toast (c'mon people, it's toast).
1/4 ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp.minced ginger
1/2 cup frozen mango cubes
1/3 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
1 Tbsp.lemon juice
Cayenne pepper, to taste
1 cup water
1 cup ice cubes
Just lend it together.
Avocado Noodle Salad:
- 1 (8.8-oz.) package thin rice noodles (I like Thai Kitchen brand)
- Peanut Sauce (see make-ahead recipe below)
- 12 oz. steamed, chilled shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, and cut into matchsticks
- 2 ripe Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 small bunch fresh basil (about .5 oz.), cut into chiffonade (thin ribbons)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint (about .25 oz.), leaves removed and roughly chopped
- Make the noodles according to the package directions, then drain them thoroughly. Put the drained noodles in a bowl of cold water to chill for about 5 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Drain the noodles and toss with 1 cup of the peanut sauce and set them aside while you finish prepping the other ingredients.
- Toss the noodles with the shrimp, carrot, cucumber and red bell pepper.
- Divide the noodles between 4 shallow bowls or plates, then top each with equal amounts of avocado slices.
- Drizzle each serving of noodles with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the remaining peanut sauce, then sprinkle with the fresh basil and mint.
- Serve immediately.