This week, we baked these yummy banana chocolate chip cookies. They have no added sugar and can be made gluten-free with the appropriate flour substitute. We tried these cookies with wheat flour and almond flour. Both ways were delicious...actually, I preferred the almond flour cookies. But almond flour can be expensive, so flour will suffice.
The cookies make the entire house smell like a chocolate covered banana baking inside warm brioche. Doesn't get much better than that, does it?
- 2 ¼ cup flour, gluten-free or almond work well
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups coconut oil
- 2 overly ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix the oil, bananas, vanilla, and eggs together. Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Bake at 375 F for 11 minutes.