From plants, grains, and seeds. I make my own tofu. I make my own seitan. I make my own everything. We do not eat a lot of processed foods.
Note: Since this post, we have removed wheat and many other processed foods from our kitchen, but I still wanted to share our story and recipe with you all!
What you need to first is to sweat down those onions. Sweat them means to cook them for around 20 minutes. Stirring a lot. Use a bit of water or oil to do this.
- 6-12 ounces of seitan
- BBQ sauce
- 1 onion
- Slice the onions. Add to a hot pan with a little bit of oil. I use coconut. Stir for 20 minutes. You will need some water on hand. Don't keep adding oil as they get dry. Use 1 tbsp of water at a time to keep them from burning.
- Put onions aside once they are brown and delightful smelling.
- Add the seitan to the same pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add the BBQ sauce. I use around 1 cup, but this depends on how much you are making.
- Toast bread. Add the BBQ seitan and top with onion.