So, I always have them in stock. My kitchen is very rustic, Asian-inspired, and a little wacky. This curry is spicy, but in a warm sense and will appease kids and adults. Your entire home will smell of lemongrass, ginger, and meaty roasted cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white parts
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- a dash of salt
- water, reserved
- 1 bunch spinach, stems removed, no need to chop
- Brown rice, already cooked
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the cauliflower, carrots, lemongrass, garlic, and ginger onto a baking pan. Roast the veggies for 15 minutes. They will not be thoroughly cooked.
- In a large stock pot, add a bit of oil and cook down the onions, adding water so they do not stick, for 20 minutes. Add the roasted garlic. Cook for five more minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, coconut milk, and curry paste. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Add the lemongrass stalk, ginger, and a dash of salt.
- Add the cauliflower and the spinach. Add enough water to bring it almost to the top of the vegetables. Stir.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Check it every now and again.
- Taste it. Season as needed.
- Serve over a warmed bowl of brown rice.