BUT my most favorite thing about pumpkin pie, or any pie for that matter, is the crust. A good, cold butter crust made with just the right amount of flour and salt. Not mixed too much and generously pressed into a pan. Mmmm....crust. I could totally make a pie crust and eat it raw without any filling. I could half bake it and eat it without filling. I really love pie crust.
Woe is me though...I only have pie crust a few times each year. The rest of the year, I must go without it. That can be really difficult when I am dying for a slice of pumpkin pie. Not to worry though! I've come up with a way to enjoy pumpkin pie without the crust...and I usually eat it for breakfast.
- 1 3/4 Cups Pureed Pumpkin
- 3/4 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cloves
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Mix everything together.
- Pour into an 8 X 8 glass dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until it is set on top and golden.
- Allow it to cool. You can scoop it into a bowl or serve it with cream.