I make these muffins on Sunday, pop them in the fridge and pair them with pumpkin seeds for times when we just don't have time to make a "real" breakfast. Good thing these muffins are real breakfast! And they are egg and grain-free., which is great because I can't remember the last time I bought any flour...I'm lucky to have these ingredients in the house...my family just loves me.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind the chia seeds into a fine powder. Add the chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Allow it to sit 5 minutes before using.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, chia seed mixture, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla together.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. No lumps please.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the tops are just golden.
Eat. Eat. Eat.