- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-2 jars pasta sauce(something that you enjoy, I usually pick something with sun-dried tomatoes in it if I am not making the sauce from scratch)
- 2 tbsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. basil
- 1-2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- a pinch of lemon zest
- 1 bx of whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 lgb grated mozzarella
- 1-2 cups skim ricotta
- 1 cup shredded asiago
- Cook pasta according to the directions. when the water starts to boil...start cooking the ground turkey. Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the ground turkey to a mixing bowl and incorporate basil, oregano, minced garlic and lemon peel. Afterwards, add the turkey to a skillet and cook until brown all of the way through. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the ricotta, 1/4 cup of mozzarella and the asiago. Mix with a spoon. You can add a bit of fresh basil or oregano to this mixture if you want-- it tastes delicious.
- Grease 3-6 ramekins (not the souffle size, but the the shorter, wider ones) with olive oil. Begin layering: sauce, noodle, turkey, sauce cheese, noodle, and repeat until completed.
- On the top of the last layer(noodles should cover it) add the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Garnish with chives or fresh basil leaves. Some lemon zest is great too!
Note: If you have leftovers, make a small casserole dish of lasagna and freeze until next time. It will hold for 2-3 weeks.