Hot buttered rums are salty, sweet, and loaded with belly-warming properties. I like to make mine with Spiced Rum to add extra depth to the drink. Go even crazier and load your coffee maker up with on-demand hot water to quickly replenish your drink as it cools off. Oh yeah, and this drinks pairs wonderfully with freshly baked gingerbread cookies...mmmm.
- 4 ounces (1 stick) room-temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a food processor combine the ingredients. Scrape out into a jar and chill.
- Meanwhile, for every hot buttered rum you make, add two ounces of rum to the glasses. Add hot water and 2 tbsp of the buttered concoction to the glass. Stir well and serve.