However, it got me thinking that maybe others would benefit from knowing what I eat everyday given my hectic schedule working as an acquisitions editor, writing curriculum plans, and homeschooling my child (in addition to baking cookies with my sister, writing articles, blogging, and walking 5-8 miles per day).
Now I don't think that what I eat is any better than what others eat, but I am sure to get lots of veggies into my body day in and day out. I also make sure that I am getting a solid heap of complex carbs, healthy fats, and proteins. Anyways, read more to find out what I eat most days of the week. Perhaps you could try it.
- 1/2 cup oats (150 calories)
- 1/3 cup soy protein powder (101 calories)
- 2 TBSP Adam's crunchy peanut butter (200 calories)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (50 calories)
- 3 cups raw spinach (21 calories)
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened soymilk (80 calories)
I usually do this one of two ways. I make the whole thing into a smoothie. OR, I eat the spinach and berries together, and mix everything else into a bowl and eat it hot or cold.
Calorie Total: 602
- 2 cups steamed broccoli (60 calories)
- 8 ounces baked tofu or cod (160 calories)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (45 calories)
- 1 nectarine or apple (100 calories)
Calorie Total: 365 Calories
- 1 head romaine (108 calories)
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard (10 calories)
- 8 ounces chicken breast (236 calories), 6 ounces salmon (290 calories), or 8 ounces tofu (175 calories)
- 1 bell pepper (50 calories)
- A handful of baby carrots (25 calories)
- Maybe some mushrooms and other veggies
Calories: Between 393 - 508
If I choose to have a snack, it is usually a few nuts/seeds and a piece of fruit.
Of course, it is important to remember that every meal is a bit different and no piece of chicken will ever have the exact same amount of calories as another piece of chicken. My daily ranges are usually between 1000- 1800 calories. I don't stick to an exact, regulated diet because that isn't how the human body was designed. If I eat 1800 calories on Monday, I might eat only 1200 the next day because my body is telling me that I do not need as much food. I also drink 3-4 liters of water per day.