One of my favorite breakfast recipes for the family is no-cook Swedish oatmeal. We eat a lot of oats and I really don't feel like standing over the stove in 90 degree weather at 6AM. Enter cold oatmeal. Delicious. Flexible. Kid-friendly.
This no-cook kid-friendly oatmeal is made the night before and ready for morning. I love that I can make this breakfast right before bedtime or as I am cooking dinner knowing that the family will have a nutritious breakfast for the next day.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup soy milk (we use Silk unsweetened organic plain)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, or any other fruit...peaches, raspberries, cherries, apricots and nectarines work really well.
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- a dash of cinnamon
- a squirt of honey
- In a glass bowl with a lid, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir it up and divide it between 2-4 people.