I pick up the naan bread from a local bakery, the mozzarella from a small farmer, and the rest is from the garden. The basil. The pesto. The tomatoes. All from the yard.
You are probably wondering how the heck do I grow tomatoes during the winter/spring...Siberian Pole Tomatoes. Look'em up. They are native and grown in Siberia. They can withstand anything.
Make some naan pizzas tonight.
- Naan bread
- Mozzarella cheese, preferably the kind stored in liquid
- Basil leaves, fresh
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Pesto (I make basil/kale pesto)
- Turn the oven on broil.
- Spread the pesto onto the naan bread.
- Layer the basil, mozzarella, and tomato.
- Broil until the cheese melts.