Need I say more? I guess I should. If you thought that I liked oats, well you'd be surprised to discover that I love peanuts even more. Peanut butter is my very best friend. And I don't care how much Paleo folks tell me peanuts are "bad for me" because peanuts and I will not be parted.
I wake up every morning and scoop a spoonful of peanut butter into my mouth. I use peanuts to make fresh peanut butter. And I stockpile peanut butter (the kind made with JUST PEANUTS) when it goes on sale at the store. I have an entire cupboard dedicated to my peanut butter "habit".
Needless to say, I love peanut butter. I also love chocolate. I'm not sure which one I like more, but I am pretty sure it is peanut butter. But the combination of peanuts and fudgey chocolate make it hard to decide. When I am unsure if I want a scoop of peanut butter or a tablespoon of chocolate chips, well, I'll just have my cake and eat it too.
My peanut butter fudge brownie bites are ideal for quick fixes, lunch boxes, and more. Heck, after I make these, I wrap them up and put them in the freezer for a "rainy" day...which is all of the time where I live. Bonus points for living in the PNW.
Enjoy the recipe!
- ⅔ cup peanuts (you could use peanut butter here...I've done it)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Make the brownies by placing 2/3 cup peanuts or peanut butter in a food processer. Pulse for 30 seconds. Add the dates, oats, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Pulse for about six minutes. The mixture will be sticky.
- Press the batter into a rectangular loaf pan lined with plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle the brownies with the 3 tablespoons of chopped dark chocolate and peanuts.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and cut them into little squares.