- 2 packets active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm unsweetened vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup butter or vegan margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups A.P. flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Add yeast and 1/2 cup warm water into a large mixing bowl; let stand 7 minutes. Add warm soy milk, butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in flour and cinnamon, and add to yeast mixture a little at a time, beating at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Put dough in greased mixing bowl and roll around.
- Cover and let it rise for 2-3 hours, or until the dough as doubled.
- Punch that dough! Let it rise for another half-hour.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out the buns.
- Let rest for 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake 20 minutes.
You can choose to put a sugar icing on these, but we don't do that.