- 2 pears, peeled, quartered
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 leek, pale green and white parts only, halved lengthwise, sliced and washed thoroughly
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth, divided
- Nonfat sour cream, for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine pears, squash, tomatoes, leek, garlic, oil, half the salt and pepper into a large bowl; toss to coat. Spread on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 40 to 55 minutes. Let cool until you can touch it.
3. Place half the vegetables and 2 cups broth into a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan. Puree the remaining vegetables and 2 cups broth. Add to the pan and stir in the remaining salt.
4. Cook the soup on medium heat, stirring, until hot. Pour into glasses, top with half a spoon full of sour cream, and add some chives.