- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby peas (not thawed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, tough ligament removed from side of each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cook the peas according tp the package directions(use the 1/4 cup of water). Puree with the cooking water, butter, scallions, the lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Stir together curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper on a plate. Coat the scallops with the mitxture.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sauté scallops cooking through, about 4 minutes.
4. Serve scallops over pea purée.