Okay okay, it is almost always curry. Or curry coup. Or curried veggies with lentils or something of the sort. Curried quinoa anybody? Delightful.
Tonight was a curry night. After five or six years of curry cooking, I am still adjusting my recipe. But I believe that I've stumbled upon the final twist. The right brand of coconut milk.
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 5 potatoes, cubed
- 2 cans coconut milk, thick part separated into a bowl
- 2-4 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 can baby corn
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Prep all of your vegetables.
- In a large pot, add the thick portion of the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and let it become aromatic.
- Whisk in the yellow curry paste and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetables. Stir to coat in the paste. Add water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, and then lower to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with rice.