Since I have a little helper who loves loves loves to "stir" everything that I am cooking, I knew that this chocolate mousse would be the perfect dessert to make...it really is great for kids.
The wonderful asset about this mousse is that it is quick to make and so good after any meal. We made it to be served after a light white bean and kale soup.
- A graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp all-natural peanut butter (or any other kind of nut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- unsweetened plant-based milk (or water), until desired consistency
For the whipped topping:
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of maldon salt
Place the coconut milk in the fridge overnight for the cream.
- Open the coconut milk can. Scoop out the hardened coconut milk and save the clear liquid for another recipe.
- Add the vanilla and the salt. Whisk by hand or with a mixture until it is exceptionally smooth. Dollop it on top of the chocolate mousse
- Place everything into the blender (start with 1 cup of milk and go from there) and blend until the mixture resemble pancake batter. Pour the batter into the pie crust and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Add cream and serve!