This double chocolate chip cookie doesn't taste vegan, though. It tastes delectable. This recipes hails from a billion places and eventually has become my own as I have rearranged to fit our lifestyle.
Cookies can be really 'bad' for you. Loaded with cholesterol and saturated fat. Tons of added sugar. Ew. When I make cookies, I make yummy, good for your soul cookies.
For these cookies, I use coconut oil, bananas, almond flour, and almond milk in exchange for the 'normal' ingredients. Don't worry. These cookies turn out just fine. If you are not used to using these ingredients feel free to swap in what you have.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (you can use flax if you want. Or skip it altogether)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use the gigantic Ghirardelli ones)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the coconut oil, almond milk, and the vanilla. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chia seeds.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips.
- Form into a well-combined dough.
- Scoop cookie balls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
Note: Watch these cookies in the oven carefully. Even though they may look gooey when you pull them out, they are cooked. Don't keep them in much longer because you will end up with stone hard balls of yucky.