The first time I made this, I forgot to slice the bananas, and while we were able to blend it all right-- I would definitely slice the bananas before freezing them. The flavor is the ultimate duo of berries and bananas. It really is. No added sugar or anything gross. Just fruit, nuts, and chocolate. Smile. It's ice cream.
- 5 bananas sliced, frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped or in pieces
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- splash of soy milk
- Blend the frozen bananas together until creamy. Scrape the creamy goodness to the bottom of the blender.
- Add in the blueberries and milk. Blend it until everything is smooth and incorporated. Be patient in this step.
- Remove the blender blade, or transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe bowl. Fold in the nuts and chocolate.
- Freeze for 5-10 minutes. Stir and serve.