Heck, I love vanilla cupcakes. And guess what? November 10 is National Vanilla Cupcake Day! Yep. So,it would be a crime NOT to make some sweet vegan vanilla cupcakes. Since we are celebrating the vanilla cupcake, I decided to add rainbow sprinkles to the mix, funfetti birthday style.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a bowl, add non-dairy milk and vinegar. Let set for a few minutes. It will curdle a bit.
- Add butter to a large bowl and whip with a mixer. Next, add sugar and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients, but not the sprinkles. Once combined, add to the wet ingredients.
- Stir to incorporate and then add in the sprinkles. Gently stir them in.
- Divide the batter among cupcake holders, about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Top with your favorite frosting or eat plain!