After all, that is the point of the ABC song, right? Order. I have included a free download of two worksheets that play with ABC order. The children do not need to know how to read in order to learn categorization. This is about figuring out what comes first, next and last.
You can use the worksheet to plan a combo lesson that includes math, reading, writing and science! How?
Here are my ideas:
- Science: Use the scientific ABC order side to form a lesson about space. Teach the children about orbit, planets, and the sun.
- Art: Ask the child(ren) to draw a picture of space.
- Math: Get out a handful of colored blocks. Ask the child to count the blocks. Ask the child to stack the blocks. Ask the child to blocks into a pattern. Lastly, ask the child to sort the blocks by color.
- Reading: There's No Place Like Space by Dr. Seuss!
- Writing: The worksheets are enough writing I think. But of course, children under 5 should be writing their ABCs everyday. Practice is key.
Download the File
Books and Supplies