**Note: If there are spelling errors here, I apologize; I was a little rushed on this post today.
- Intro to Science
- Art or music
- For those of you using Saxon Math 3 Intermediate, today we are doing Lesson 2. Lesson 2 covers calendars and patterns.
- If you are not using Saxon 3, then do the following:
- Your child needs to read for 30 minutes on her own today. Let her pick a few short stories or continue reading from the same chapter book as yesterday. We are currently reading the Violet Mackerel series.
- We will work on the short /e/ sound today. Complete the following assignments:
Writing and Spelling
- Have your child write the spelling words for the week and then do the dictation. Remember, these are available in the file download in the sidebar for free. You can buy the workbook if you don't want to spend tons of cash printing too. It's only $6.50.
- Have your child write in her notebook about the weather. Encourage descriptive, sense-based writing.
- Finish the section in the grammar workbook on sentences. Page 3-5, I believe.
- Using flashcards with basic nouns, verbs, prepositions, and connective words, ask your child to make several sentences.
- Watch this video, if you want.
- Today we started using our science textbook. We did a sensory experiment. I cut up several different kinds of fruits and asked my daughter to tell me about them with her eyes closed. This began our lesson on the FIVE SENSES. If you don't have the textbook, then do the following:
- Read Chapter 2 in History of U.S.: Early Americans. If you don't have that book, continue reading from this book, although I recommend you check out the book we are using from the library, or buy it, as we will begin projects based on this book.
- If you are interested, this video also sums up what was in Chapter 2 of our history book. If you are religious and do not believe in macro-evolution, then this video will not be for you.
Art and/or Music
- 10 minutes on the piano or other musical instrument
- In an art journal, use watercolors to paint a picture of an outside scene.