- Saxon Lesson 29 from Saxon Math 3 Intermediate -- Fractions of a Dollar
- If you still haven't suckered up the money for the text, here is a lesson plan and a video you can use to teach the concept.
- Encourage your child to read independently and aloud to you for 30 minutes.
- Continue reading the selected chapter book in the evening.
- Have your child write about the books read in his.her reading journal. Haven't started a reading journal? Grab a composition book and tell your child to write the author and book title at the top of the page, and then to write/draw 2-3 sentences about the book. Do this for each book.
- Have your child tell you about each book read. This is called narration and it is very important for developing reading comprehension.
- Long A+Silent E: Do the worksheets listed under long A.
Spelling and Grammar
- Continue your study into animals. Select an animal and do the craft from this Pin.
- Take a walk in your city/neighborhood and see how many local animals you can find.
- Draw one.
- Continue History Unit 2: All About Earth
- Do this experiment.
Art and Music
- 10 minutes of piano.
- Draw animals and the environment.