- Saxon Lesson 8
- Reading and Phonics (LK/LB/LP)
- Spelling Lesson
- Writing Prompt
- Art and Music
Reading and Phonics
- Today, we are going to read for 45 minutes. My child is reading Violet Mackerel and I Was So Mad. This week, it is important to begin asking prompting questions about the books if you haven't already started that process because book reports will begin before you know it.
- Phonics Sound: LK/LB/LP Blends:
Spelling and Writing
- Complete the spelling dictation and writing practice.
- Writing Prompt: Write in your journal about your favorite breakfast.
- Complete the lesson on "Exclamations and Questions" in the grammar workbook.
- We are dedicating our lesson to learning about solids.
- Vocabulary Words: solid, mixture, length, and mass.
- Use the powerpoint below to help with your lesson:
- Read Chapter 8 of A History of US, Book One.
- Complete the Elements of Geography H14-H16. This lesson is about the words country and states. We also covered what a globe is and we talked about the continents.
- Here is a good U.S. map to have for later. We printed this world map too.
- Discuss North, East, South, and West. We also did these: Castle Map, Continent Word Search, and Geography Crossword . You can find more at TLSbooks.com.
Art and Music
- 10 minutes on an instrument. We play the piano.
- Art Lesson below: