BUT, I was curious about how bloggers are so productive. After all, I am a productive editor, but what makes a blogger productive. Guess what? I discovered that it wasn't ingenious material, or knowing others...it was shortcuts. Shortcuts that make blogging and planning blogs easier.
After talking to a few "famous" bloggers, I was able to extract some trade secrets that make them more productive, hence more successful. Here are the most common tools used:
- PicJumbo: Completely free photos.
- Pixabay: Hi-res creative commons photos.
- Blog Topic Generator: Free topic generator at HubSpot.
- BuzzSumo: Free tool to see which content performs best in your niche.
- Keyword Tool: Look around the top search engines to see what your audience wants to find.
- Wri.tt: Free productivity tool to spell check, format your text, and minimize distractions while you write.
- Buffer: Social media scheduler for posts.
I tried out the HubSpot topic generator and I may actually use it in the future to fill in my writing schedule because it came up with some great topics to write about. On the other hand, some of them were very "stock" and I don't think they would be found given the amount of blogetition out there in the blogosphere.
Oh, and I looked at BuzzSumo...this is where the business is at! I entered in my own website and was able to see what was performing and what wasn't. I am using this to revamp my website as mentioned on the front page.
I haven't tried Buffer, but will take a look at it and report back.