Other subjects we will learn are geography, early American history (1450-1850), continue surveying World history through the ages, art education, physical education, math, and more!
The year is broken into three 12-week quarters, plus a small quarter during the summer. If you have any questions, please get in touch with me and I will do my best to help you. As always, my curriculum can be used on its own or as a supplement to whatever it is that you are already using. Good luck!
- Finish Saxon 3 Intermediate (multiplication and division)
- Early American History: Explorers from Europe to 1634 Colonies
- World History: Stone Age through to Nero
- Geography: Continents and Countries in the World
- Continue Art Education, focus on Early American Artists
- Continue playing piano and listening to music.Introduce formal concepts.
- Run a mile every morning
- Teach how to lift weights three times per week.
- Backpacking trips
- Survival skills
- Start Saxon Math 5/4
- American History: 1634 to 1774
- World History: Foundation of Christianity through to Rise of British Empire
- Continuing Anatomy and Nutrition
- Introducing physics principles by building bridges.
- Art: Renaissance artists
- Music: Playing piano
- Running 1 mile every morning
- Lifting weights 3X a week
- Working through Saxon 5/4 -- 1 lesson a day
- American History: 1775-1850
- World History: Heresy around the world through World War I (very brief here).
- Introducing Chemistry basics.
- Art: Cubism
- Reading only
- Continuing Saxon 5/4
- Reviewing anything that student struggled with through the year.
- American History: Monuments
- World History: Pick one culture and study it.
- Geography: United States road trip (pick a few states to work through)
- Plant Journal
- Running and weights